BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle launches May 31 in Japan and Asia, June 5 in North America; adds DLC character Blake Belladonna
BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle will launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam on May 31 in Japan and Asia, and June 5 in North America, developer Arc System Works announced.
The company also announced that Blake Belladonna from RWBY will appear as a playable character via downloadable content, and that a total of 20 characters will be playable in the base game, with an additional 20 planned as downloadable content.
So far, all 20 characters in the base game have been revealed. Blake Belladonna is the first add-on character to be announced. Here is the list of planned downloadable content:
- DLC Character All-in-One Pack
- DLC Character: Blake Belladonna
- DLC Character Set Vol. 1: ???, ???, and ???
- DLC Character Set Vol. 2: ???, ???, and ???
- DLC Character Set Vol. 3: ???, ???, and ???
- DLC Character Set Vol. 4: ???, ???, and ???
- DLC Character Set Vol. 5: ???, ???, and ???
- DLC Character Set Vol. 6: ???, ???, and ???
- DLC Character: ???
In Japan, BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle will cost 5,800 yen at retail and 5,370 yen via download. A BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle Limited Box will also be available and include the following:
- Special box with special collaborative illustration by Tochimichi Mori (Arc System Works), Shigenori Soejima (Atlus), Seiichi Yoshihara (French-Bread), and Ein Lee (Rooster Teeth)
- “Additional Character All-in-One Pack” download code
- BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle art book
- Acrylic standy (PS4 version-only)
- Multi storage pouch (Switch version-only)
Early purchases for both the Limited Box and standard edition in Japan will include the BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle original soundtrack.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.