Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] launches February 9 in Europe
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] will launch physically and digitally for PlayStation 4, and digitally for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in Europe on February 9, 2018, publisher PQube announced.
In North America, the game is planned for release in late 2017 under publisher Aksys Games. However, the European release was previously planned for Q4 2017, so it is possible the North American release has also been delayed.
Rice Digital will sell an exclusive “End of Dawn” collector’s edition (pictured) for £54.99, which includes the PlayStation 4 version of the game, a 128-page paperback art book, official soundtrack CD, set of 20 badges, and collector’s presentation box.
Here’s an overview of the game, via PQube:
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] is the sensational new fighting game by developer French Bread, creators of Melty Blood, the fan-favorite fighter that’s been a staple of Japanese arcades and community events for years.
Hailed as a game that truly nails the perfect balance between traditional 2D fighter gameplay and the over-the-top action of ‘anime’ fighters, Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] features an electrifying cast of 20 characters, 19 gorgeous stages to battle on, and a Chronicle Mode that will delight fans and newcomers alike with an all-new UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH single-player story.
- Thrilling cast of characters – A varied cast of 20 characters, including series newcomers Phonon, Mika, Enkidu and Wagner!
- 19 glorious stages – Including 4 beautiful new areas, Cafeteria, Children’s Playground, Momiji Alley and the Cathedral of the Far East.
- Re-balanced gameplay – Old favourites have new abilities and new gameplay elements have been added, including the ‘Veil Off’ system that opens up new combo opportunities.
- Mission Mode – Learn new skills in a dedicated combo challenge mode and take on some of the hardest challenges in the game.
- Tutorial Mode – An expansive tutorial mode has been added to the game that teaches all the skills necessary to level up your game.
- Chronicle Mode – Discover the narrative of Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] in a dedicated story mode experience.
Watch a new trailer below.